10/20/13-
The last time I was assigned a research project was last June. The project was to be completed over the summer which I definitely did not like because the summer is usually the time that I use to relax and take a break from school work. This assignment was going to count for every class that I would take in the first marking period of my senior year. The grade that I would receive on the assignment would have a lot of value due to the fact that it counted for every class.
The research that I was supposed to do to complete the assignment was to be about colleges that I would apply to. I was supposed to list my dream college, my target college and my backup school in order. It was a very easy assignment but it took me a long time because I had to find a lot of information about each school and put it all in a power point. In the powerpoint I had to look up the tuition for each school which is a major factor because it determines how much I will have to pay to attend each school. I had to research where the school is located as well. This is beneficial to know because it determines how far I will have to commute if I attend the school.
The time it took me to complete this assignment is hidden by the beneficial factors of actually completing and putting effort into the research. I learned a lot about schools that I would like to attend after I graduate from Csi High School. I received a 96 on the assignment which made me very satisfied because my grades in each class increase. I wish I received a 100 but a 96 is acceptable to me. If I had the choice to research whatever I wanted, I definitely wouldn't have picked different colleges but compared to other topics my teacher could have chose from, I am happy with the topic. Overall, this research assignment was beneficial in many ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment