10/24/13-
The first research assignment I remember having assigned to me was to research the history of a library located in Italy and to write an essay on it. I was in high school when assigned this research assignment. This assignment was given to me by my U.S History teacher in 11th grade. The requirements for the assignment included writing a minimum of 1000 words in the essay, double spacing the essay and using proper MLA citation. Before I started the assignment I knew it was going to be challenging because I have never written a 1000 word essay. It was going to take a very long time and I really didn't have interest in the history of a library.
This assignment began very boring and annoying but as I really got into my research, I learned a lot of interesting facts. I was interested in the large amount of books the library had. To research this specific library, I used my computer at home, went to the library near my house to get books about the library and I also used a packet that my teacher gave to my class to help us out with our research. This packet helped me a lot because the information in the packet wasn't found on the internet.
Completing this research assignment took me a very long time. I was up extremely late 2 nights in a row because I didn't plan my time management properly. I procrastinated a lot and I really regret procrastinating. I only scored an 85 on the essay as well. I was disappointed with the grade I got because I know I could have done better if I didn't procrastinate. The assignment would have been completed faster and easier without stress like I had when completing the assignment.
So glad to hear you had to use sources (the packet your teacher gave you) that were not on the Internet, and also that you went to the library to get books!
ReplyDelete